Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Blizzard Delays Divine Shipments

Thankfully, we am fine here on the island.  However, three hours north of us, the plastics factory looks like this:


This was one of the last photographs sent, with the note "the snow is expected to fall for six more hours!"

Today, I received the message "I am at the library for the internet.  Schools are closed.  There is no electric and there is no phone.  Service is not expected to return until this weekend.."

I have no idea whether or not dog sleds have been engaged to take Simply Divine everything off to the post office.  My guess is, we will all just have to wait for our shipments.  If Asians are permitted monsoon breaks, then New Yorkers need be allowed time to recover from bizarre Fall season snow blizzards.


I thank you for your patience and your indulgence.  If anyone who is moving requires a 'change of address' due to the shipping delay, please let me know.

November 2nd, 2011

Edited to add:   One of us sent me this video, so I am sharing it with you.




Today's update is:  I have heard from the factory by cell phone.  The internet and phone lines are still down.  The internet is required for all billing and shipping.  This means: shipments are still being 'delayed'.  The telephone company has estimated 'Friday, November 4th' for the restoration of service.